Before submitting a new project, you should have prepared the following documents:
- Information for participants
- Consent form for participants
- A data management plan
- Research data anonymization procedure (if you collect personal or sensitive data)
- A short description of the research questions, the societal and scientific relevance of the research, and the research design (max. 1 A4)
The procedure for submitting a new project is:
- Self-check. Complete the ethics review self check when you plan a new research project. Go to the check list. The elements of the self check are displayed in a flow chart. The self check tells you whether your research requires full ethics review by the Research Ethics Review Committee. If your research does not require ethics review by the committee, you receive an email message containing your responses and a statement that your research complies with the guidelines of FSS-VU and you can start your research. If your research requires ethics review by the committee, proceed with the following step.
- Application. Fill out the ethics review application form and upload the required documents – the information letter, the consent form and a data management plan. You will receive an email message containing your responses. Save the result of your form for your reference.
- Full or expedited review. If your application raises minor or no ethical issues, an expedited review will follow by the secretary and one committee member. If your application raises more serious issues, the committee will discuss it at its next meeting. The committee meets once a month during the academic season (September – June), on the last Monday of the month.
- Advice. The committee will respond to your application with an advice.
The committee may ask you for clarification or further information regarding your application.