The Research Support Office of the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) is the primary point of contact for support on research related issues for its academic staff. The ambition of the research support office is to help its researchers effectively realize their research goals by creating a research environment in which high-quality research can thrive and its societal impact is maximized. Scientific integrity and the education of PhD candidates are an integral part of this environment.
- Providing advice and support in finding and acquiring research grants and other external funding opportunities;
- Offering project management support for acquired externally funded research projects
- Providing advice and support on enhancing the (social) impact and dissemination of FSS research;
- Supporting the work of the faculty’s research institute ISR: Institute for Societal Resilience;
- Supporting the Faculty board member in charge of the research portfolio in establishing and implementing research and valorisation policy;
- Acting as secretary of multiple faculty broad research-related committees.
The Research Support Office consists of a small team that operates as linking pin towards other VU university-wide departments (Finance & Control, HRM, Communications & Marketing, Innovation Exchange Amsterdam (IXA), Grant Desk, IT), in order to ensure its academic staff the required level of research support.
In case you have any questions regarding our research support office and/or your require any support for your research activities, please contact us directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org.