Several research projects are embedded in our research program on mobilities, belongings and beliefs, some project involve researchers from other departments or universities.
1. Development as a Trojan Horse? Foreign Large-scale Land Acquisitions in Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar and Uganda (funded by NWO-WOTRO).
2. Culturing Neuroscience: Self-representation, Mediation and Theory of Mind among Children and Adolecents in the Netherlands (funded by NWO-VICI programme).
3. Migration, livelihoods and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR): A triple case-study of young female migrants in Dhaka, Bangladesh (funded by NWO-WOTRO).
4. Critique of religion and the framing of Jews and Muslims in the Netherlands today (funded by NWO).
5. Making Islam Work in the Netherlands (funded by NWO).
6. Time to look at girls: Adolescent girls migration and development in Ethiopia