This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 86704
- faculteit der sociale wetenschappen ( afd. sociale en culturele antropologie )
- PhD Student
Monday till Friday; please call me or send an e-mail for an appointment.
Promo Master Anthropology
- Anthropology of childhood
- Medical anthropology
- Developmental psychology
- Regional specialization: Southern Africa (Namibia)
This PhD research is concerned with the well-being of two groups of children who are affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic: children who lost their parents to AIDS, and HIV positive children. I pay attention to grief and bereavement of children, and communication processes in families on the loss of parents, or the HIV positive status of children. This research takes place in northern Namibia.
- 2011 ‘Using a “Kids Club Method” To Understand Experiences Of Children Orphaned By AIDS In North-Central Namibia.". In: Not Just a Victim: The Child as Catalyst and Witness of Contemporary Africa. Eds. S. Evers, C. Notermans and E. Van Ommering. Leiden: Brill
- 2007 ‘World and Experiences of AIDS orphans in North-Central Namibia'. Leiden: Afrika Studie Centrum.