Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- +31 20 59 86707
- fac. der geesteswetenschappen ( gesch/oudh/k&c )
- Hoogleraar. Leerstoel 'Mondiale Geschiedenis in antropologisch perspectief'
Current research projects focus on how journalists from China report about the world; how Chinese managers impact labour relations in Cambodia and Hungary; how Chinese investment and migration to Southeast Asia are changing interethnic and international relations in the region; and how 1993 graduates of a high school class in a small Northern Chinese city are coming of age. More broadly, research interests include various forms of migration and mobility from China (including tourism), Chinese nationalism, transnationalism and cosmopolitanism.
Current writing projects :
- Reporting from China: How Chinese correspondents work with the world (forthcoming, University of Washington Press)
- How Chinese engagements are changing Southeast Asia (co-edited with Danielle Tan, under review for the University of Washington Press)
- An as yet untitled book on how various institutions create ideas and practices of global citizenship, jointly authored with Peggy Levitt.
Editor of the New Mobilities in Asia book series for Amsterdam University Press.
Geselecteerde boeken en artikelen:
Seeing Culture Everywhere… from Genocide to Consumer Habits (with Joana Breidenbach). Seattle and London: University of Washington Press (2012). Zie: link
Mobility and Cultural Authority in Contemporary China. Seattle and London: University of Washington Press (2011). Zie: link
Books, Bodies and Bronzes: Comparing Sites of Global Citizenship Creation. Ethnic and Racial Studies 37(12), special issue edited with Peggy Levitt (2014). Zie: link
Chinese Investors, Labour Discipline and Developmental Cosmopolitanism. Development and Change 44(6):1387-1405 (2014). Zie: link
Enclaves of Improvement: Sovereignty and Developmentalism in the Special Zones of the China-Lao Borderlands. Comparative Studies in Society and History 54(3):533-562 (2012). Zie: link
Selectie van on-line artikelen:
Voor alle publicaties zie: